20.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
Maximum of 6 attendees per workshop to assure adequate hands-on opportunity for all attendees
5-6 Live surgery cases per workshop
Breast Augmentation procedures is also known as enlargement - augmentation mammoplasty. Patients seeking an augmentation are usually dissatisfied with their breast size. This procedure will help correct the volume size of each breast; however, it will not change any defect of the breast shape or form. Breast Augmentation surgery is done under general or local anesthesia and usually on an outpatient basis.
Office-based Awake Breast Augmentation workshop learning objectives:
1. Attendees will scrub in for surgical procedures
2. Summarize the clinical aspects to the procedure, including patient selection, safe dosing limits of lidocaine in tumescent anesthesia, and proper surgical methods & techniques.
3. Integrate the procedure into the existing physician's office setting from a clinical and marketing standpoint.
4. Present the most efficient layout in a facility to perform the procedure.
5. Calculate the start-up costs and instrument set-up for the procedure.
6. Define issues of medical malpractice an dhow it relates the physicians.
7. Assess the financial benefit of the fee-for-service awake tummy tuck workshop.
8. Recite effective methods to manage patients dissatisfied or challenging.
9. Recognize lidocaine side effects and post-operative complications.
American Society of Cosmetic Physicians 8040 South Kolb Road Tucson, AZ, USA Tel: (520) 574-1050 Fax: (520) 545-1254
A Division of Foundation for the Advancement of Medical Education (FAME)Online Contact FormPrivacy StatementTerms and ConditionsSSL Certs